Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Moments

Everybody has them
sometimes they come and go.
Today was just another day
I really missed you so.

"Even Now" was playing
as I drove by your resting place;
I could hear you saying, "bear-r-r;"
I could almost see your face.

I'm older now, by 14 years,
than you will ever be.
When you look down, I hope you're proud
of what you see in me.

Your daughter's 29;
Now she's a Mama too.
Every time I see her,
She's more and more like you.

Your son, oh, you should see him;
he's grown so very much.
All because when he was young
He had his mother's playful touch

I don't know if you know,
your killers were on tv,
Crying, saying, "sorry;"
They just want to be free.

Of course you know, a piece of mom
broke the day you died;
to lose a child, in any way,
changes you inside.

It's been so long since you've been gone;
I rarely shed a tear.
Today was just one of those days,
I really wish you were here






No comments:

Post a Comment