Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cold and Snow

I know that winter doesn't officially begin until December 21, but here, where I live, it often gets very very cold sometime in October and stays that way until mid-May.  So for me, the season of Winter begins when I have to start wearing my heavy duty winter coat which almost always happens before Halloween.

Here we are, about to enter the new year, and I haven't worn that 10 pound coat once.  If I had to leave the house today, I would have needed it since the temperature was in the teens.  BUT, the weather will much warmer for the rest of the week, staying in the 30's and for one day jumping to the mid-40's.

No, you're not on weather.com, I'm just saying all this about the weather because a few days ago, I missed the cold and a little tiny piece of me wished for snow.  By next week, the temperatures will be dropping to normal winter freezes, and it will be time to face reality.

So, the lesson of the day is:  Be careful what you wish for.  You just might get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment