Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Time

It is futile to try to live in the past, yet those who don't know history are condemned to repeat it.  Or something like that.    







Time fascinates me.  It's elasticity surpasses anything else I know.  Flying, dragging, coming to a complete stop, and disappearing all together.


I slept through my alarm this morning, never once hearing its annoying truck-backing-up beep.  I woke to the sun shining, think OMG what day is it, what day is it, what day is it?  In order to figure out what day today is, I had to remember what yesterday was.  I thought, "Yesterday I watched football, so yesterday was Sunday--no, no, no wait, that was Monday Night Football, so today is Tuesday.  Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday--SHIT  I'm supposed to be at work!"  So, I called in with a lame excuse, not wanting to reveal my true illness-Seasonal Affective Disorder.  :)  


So, as I'm making my morning tea, I'm thinking about how I had to know what my yesterday was in order to know what my today is.  Doesn't that really apply to all of us?  We have to KNOW where we came from in order to truly know and understand where we are.  BUT, we also have to put the past into perspective.  Just because I watched football yesterday does not mean that today is Monday. With the NFL channel nowadays, today could be any day.


And I guess that's my point.  Today can be ANY day.  Make the best of today, learn from your past mistakes, leave them in the past, but don't forget them.


PS  I'm double checking my alarm tonight.  Don't wanna make the same mistake tomorrow.  Have a good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment