Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Not A Fan

Of the holiday season.


Don't get me wrong.  I love the time off, the yummy food and the chance to kick back relax for an extended period of time.

BUT, I hate the presents, the paper, the cards and the waste, waste, waste.  I'm not buying presents this year, and I've asked to not receive any.  Everyone I know is self-sufficient.  If they want something, they have the means to get it.  I don't like, want or need 'stuff.  Why do we buy presents anyways?  Really.  Have you ever thought about it.  We do it because it's always been done that way.  I'm not a fan of that as a legitimate reason for doing anything, so I'm opting out this year.

PS  I do sponsor a child in need and will make sure she has a nice present for Christmas this year.  It will probably be a little extra special since I won't be wasting money on junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment