Saturday, July 24, 2010

Counting Up

Day 1
is done.


Day 2 will be easier,
right?


Day 2: puffy eyes, sinus headache, salt water hangover.
No tears shed today. I used them all up yesterday.
It's going to be an absolutely perfect summer day.
Back yard, slice of heaven, books.
No music though. I don't think my eyes are strong enough yet.
Time. Time. Time.


It's going to be a challenge.

My eyes have filled to the brim 100 times.
But not one has fallen on my cheek.
A good day, yes?

Just lost the battle. Made it until 2:14.
Tomorrow WILL be better.
How is it so easy for you?

I will not hate.


I just laughed.

Alternating between sadness and anger. F#ck You.

I dread the nights.

Doing better than I thought I would be doing.
I'm proud of myself.
Must be the Vics.

I WILL be able to sleep tonight.
Thank you God.

And Day 3 will be even better.
It WILL.
I will make it so.

Day 3
I checked last this morning-not first.
An improvement.
But still nothing.

It hits me in waves.
Sometimes one after another after another.
Sometimes I forget for minutes at a time.
I like the forgetting best.

I didn't even make it to noon today.

Lies, lies, and more lies.
Lies that contradict lies.

If I open up a crack, the dam shall surely give way.
I will keep the door closed.
I can't go through THIS again.

Notes didn't hurt-
too filled with lies to pull a single heartstring.
I thought it would be hard.
I thought I would cry.
I'm just disgusted.

I see right through you
and you see right through me.


Day 4
I love my job.

"Everything changed in a day."

Girls'nightouuuuuut!

La-ter!

Day 5

Last year, I read "The Shack." One part that always stuck with me
was when the main character questioned God about presenting as
a female. God told Mack about God being more than male OR female,
and She thought he needed a mother figure at this point in his crisis.
So Mack asked God why, throughout history, God chose to present
himself as Male. God answered that he knew the importance of males
in relationships, and knew how absent they would be. I always found this
to be so profound. The absence of males-fathers, husbands, boyfriends,
destroys healthy relationships.

Now, today, my wonderings have moved on. Why would God choose
to present as a male at all ever? Every man I know SUCKS. Help me out
with this one today, Lord.


Day whatever:
I think I've lost my appetite.
I'm really starting to wonder,
"What was I even thinking?"

Thank you, God.

2 comments:

  1. Not every man *sucks*, just the negative ones you draw to you within your environment, life is about stopping looking breathing and listening to ourselves, seems as yet you are not ready perhaps to do this and so the circle will continue... until you break the very mould of perception you have within you.
    But none the less things are how we want to perceive them and thus continue in this order until we order new paints new oils to change the picture afore us so.
    Strength my friend and resolve the rain will stop and the sun will shine once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perception is reality

    to he or she who is perceiving it.

    The rain has stopped.

    Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete